Elijah was just as human as we are, and for three and a half years his prayers kept the rain from falling. But when he did pray for rain, it fell from the skies and made the crops grow.

-----James 5:17-18 (Contemporary English Version)

Dearest Abba, Father, when I see the stars shining and the moon aglow, I can't help but stand in awe of Your greatness. You created this complex universe with Your word. It's humbling to remember that such a Mighty God takes personal interest in us- mere puny mortals. You chose to create us in Your own image and likeness. You crowned us with Your glory and honor. You gave us dominion over all Your creation.

Above all, You haven't created us mere robots who have no mind on its own. But You gave us freewill, the ability to make choices in life. You gave us the choice to love you or reject You. You don't force us to love You and accept You. But when we choose to love You by accepting Jesus Christ whom You sent to this earth to die for our sins and reconcile us to You, as our Savior and Lord, You give us the privilege of becoming Your child.

As a child of God I have the power to bind up or release things in heavenlies which rule what happens on this earth. Thank You for granting me such a wonderful authority. I am overcome, Abba, with the rich blessings You have gracefully given to me. Help me to live a life that expresses my thanks to You. Help me not to behave like a mercenary who's always looking for handouts. Help me love You with all my heart and strength for what You are to me. Not because of Your blessings upon my life. Stir up a desire in my heart to praise You and abide at Your feet all the days of my life. Loving Father, teach me what I need to know and do to walk in the fullness of Your power and Spirit. Through the grace of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.