Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.

---Ephesians 4:29 (Amplified Bible)


Dearest Abba, Father, it's written in the scripture that death and life are in the power of the tongue and that by my words I will be justified, and by my words I will be condemned. I pray that You would help me to be mindful of the words I speak as I go about my day. Help me walk in love and not react in anger. Help me to quick to think and slow to answer. Help me guard my mouth so that I don't gossip, criticize, condemn. I choose today that even when I am utterly provoked, I won't speak anything that's hurtful but only to speak words that encourage, uplift, and inspire others.My master, Elohim, I open my mouth wide. Fill my mouth with Your Word so that I may speak Your promises over my life and the lives of others throughout the day. Speak through me today and everyday now on. Let Your words be my mouth. Help me to be sensitive to the need of others. Even if I may not able to help others in any other way ,help me to be quick to speak words of comfort, peace, and kindness to them. May my words minister grace and mercy to all who hear them. Let me speak words that bring honor and glory to Your mighty name. Help me represent You well today. Through the grace of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.