The people of Israel will become like the sand of the sea, more than can be counted or measured. Now God says to them, "You are not my people," but the day is coming when He will say to them, "You are the children of the living God!"

-------Hosea 1:10 (Today's English Version)



Dearest Abba, Father, the Holy One of Israel, Thank you that You are a Pursuer. Without taking into account my past disobedience and sins, You are always ready to forgive me and take me back when I confess and repent. O Father, I acknowledge You and admit that I have behaved irrationally by continuing in rebellion. Instead of responding to Your ultimate care and provision for me, I have failed to give You the loving and complete obedience that is Your due, Had Your grace and mercy not intervened, I would have destroyed utterly.

Help me put away all that is displeasing to You and seek You with all my heart and strength. I am utterly shameful that when You have chosen me, instead of responding to Your love I turned my back on You and concentrated on the matters of this world that are ever perishing and that which can't give me peace or happiness. I strove for people's acceptance of me whose opinion of me changes ever so fast depending on their feelings and perception of me based on their limited knowledge without devoting enough time to understand me.

Oh how foolish I have been! My true worth comes from the fact that I am Your child on account of the precious blood Jesus Christ shed for me on the Calvary for me. Help me to stop depending on other humans. I just want to trust only in You because You alone are worthy and dependable. My well-beloved Abba, come forth soon to save me from my enemies and the mediocrity and desolation I am going through. Give me increase and rest in the measure of Your grace and mercy and power and majesty. I count on You for my deliverance. I invoke the power of Jesus' blood on all aspects of my life. Change me. Change me inside out.
Amen.