I will treat you with such kindness that you will grow strong, and I will also keep my promises to you. Your barns will overflow with grain each year. I will live among you and never again look on you with disgust. I will walk with you--I will be your God, and you will be my people. I am the LORD your God.

------Leviticus 26:9-13 (Contemporary English Version)


Dearest Abba, Father, You are truly great. You are truly just. You are truly loving. Most High God, there is none or nothing above You. Everything was created by Your Word and everything is subjected to You. You ordain circumstances and situations in our lives to bring about Your plans to fruition. In wonder and hope, I call out to You, the Almighty God - a God who is intimate, a God who cares and protects, a God who loves and forgives. You have the power to bring out living water out of my parched soul, to liberate my oppressed mind, to bring triumph from tragedy. In spite of being fully aware of Your authority over everything that's happening in my life, I am tired of waiting, Abba. I have suffered too long and I am beginning to lose hope. I turn to You now, Yahweh- Adonai, to put an end to this agony of mine. If relief is not near, give me the patience and the strength to continue to dwell in the darkness, to face this time of suffering with courage and dignity and faith. While I am passing through this darkness, let me not forget the things You have taught me in the light.

Help me remember always that You are holding my hand and I need not be afraid. You embrace me close to Your heart When I call You comforting me. Though You already know the glorious end You have for me, You stand with me in this moment and You stoop down to hear my fears and concerns without despising me for having so little faith. Teach me, a sinner to walk in the way You have ordained for me. Be my light, El-Shaddai; illuminate my way. Lead me to joy and healing and peace. In the name of Jesus Christ -the worthy lamb Who was slain for my sins and Who is worthy to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise and power, forever and ever, I pray. Amen.