Do not put the Lord your God to the test.


---Luke 4:12 (New International Version)

Dearest Abba, Father, You are Mighty and Powerful. There is no true god beside you. You put to death and You give life. You wound and You heal. All that You purpose comes to pass. You are beyond any test. Your word is proven and You protect and provide for those who put their trust in You. In my limited wisdom and understanding, I often do not understand the meaning of all that is happening in my life and I end up challenging You to prove Yourself to me. I, being so insignificant and mortal, have no right to provoke a response of validation from You. Forgive, O LORD, for my foolishness. Instead of trying to get You to prove Yourself to me, help, Yah, to prove my love and commitment to You by trying to pass the daily tests of character You are giving to me.

How miserably I have failed the tests so far! Give me the outpouring of Your Holy Spirit to endure and wait on You patiently. Help me pass the tests so that I can be raised to the higher levels that You have ordained for me. I offer my imperfect gratitude to You for all that You have done in my life. Prepare my heart to worship You with my all strength as if I have no other interest in my life other than pleasing You. Give me a new heart and put a new spirit within me so that I will be extremely passionate about You. Have mercy on me and turn Your face toward me. Help me follow Jesus with all my mind and my soul so that You may enable me to attract the hearts of men, women and children with the good news of Your kingdom and land them in Your Kingdom to be recipients of Your everlasting love which is sweeter and more true than anything this world can ever offer. In Jesus' name, Amen.